| Help for Hit-and-Run Victims
After a hit-and-run accident, you may be overwhelmed with questions and financial burdens, such as “How will my medical bills be paid?”, “How will my car be fixed?”, “What if I can’t work again due to my injuries?”, among others. Each question you have is a valid concern, especially since hit-and-run cases are a bit more complicated.
If you’ve fallen victim to a hit-and-run accident, don’t let the other driver’s negligence cause you additional pain and suffering. The Law Offices of Patrick S. O’Brien can help you seek justice as well as the full compensation you deserve.Request a Free Consultation
| How Our St. Louis Hit-and-Run Attorneys Can Help You
For over 35 years, attorney Patrick O’Brien has represented clients from Missouri and Illinois in a variety of personal injury cases. Not only does he genuinely care for his clients; he also ensures that each case is handled with the same amount of commitment, compassion, and integrity. Building relationships with clients is at the heart of our firm, as is the goal to take a walk in each individual’s shoes to provide the best care possible. That simply isn’t the case with other personal injury law firms.
In addition to the care and dedication you deserve, hit-and-run accident lawyer Patrick O’Brien has a strong record of recovering full and fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages, future earnings, and pain and suffering for his clients. And, he works on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you don’t pay unless you win your personal injury case.
| Hit-and-Run Laws in Missouri
Our team of investigators and assistants has extensive knowledge regarding personal injury cases, including hit-and run-accidents. In our office, we try to demystify the legal issues and welcome each client’s input. After all, it’s their case and their lives that are affected by another’s negligence.
The Missouri hit-and-run law states that if a motor vehicle accident has occurred, both drivers are to stay on the scene. As described in Missouri Revised Statute 577.060.1, any driver that flees the scene after being involved in an accident that injures or kills another person, or results in damage to another’s property, is guilty of a crime. In addition, both drivers are to exchange important information, such as their driver’s license, contact, and vehicle registration.
If the driver at fault in a hit-and-run accident is found, they will face criminal charges. However, their prosecution does not automatically guarantee financial compensation. It’s crucial to seek a hit-and-run lawyer that possesses experience in Missouri injury claims.
If the driver is not found, you still have a case through Uninsured Motorist coverage. This protection comes in handy during hit-and-run situations. Should you have any questions regarding your claim, the Law Offices of Patrick O’Brien is available 24/7 to assist you.
See the Latest Blog Posts
| What to Do in a Hit-and-Run
If the driver at fault leaves the scene, thus breaking Missouri law, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your rights:
- Remain at the scene and call the police.
- Take photos of your car’s damage resulting from the other vehicle’s impact.
- Capture photos of any skid marks on the pavement, as well as broken pieces that may be in the road.
- Write down all you remember about the other vehicle: the color, make, model, and any items from the license plate.
- Gather contact information of witnesses.
- Check to see if there are security cameras nearby that might have captured the accident.
- Seek medical assistance to not only receive the necessary treatment, but also to document your injuries.
- Keep record of all damages as a result of the hit-and-run: medical expenses, lost wages, property losses, and other relevant damage.
- Create a journal that outlines the consequences you’ve had to endure, including physical pain, emotional trauma, and any other issues you and your family have faced.
- Contact Patrick S. O’Brien, a St. Louis hit-and-run attorney, who has experience with successful cases and will fight for you from beginning to end.
| Contact Our St. Louis Hit-and-Run Lawyers
Don’t settle for an “it is what it is” mentality regarding hit-and-run accidents. The Law Offices of Patrick O’Brien will help you seek justice and full compensation for your losses. With over 35 years of experience in personal injury law, our team of investigators, assistants, and lawyers will work together to make things right. We will answer all of your questions and bring care, knowledge, and dedication to your case. Your input will be heard, and you don’t pay us until you win. Contact our St. Louis hit-and-run lawyers today.Contact Us To Request a Free Consultation