| Car Accident Lawyer Patrick O’Brien Can Make a Difference for You
At one time or another, we or our loved ones have all been involved in automobile accidents. Often, they can be minor, but these events sometimes cause catastrophic change in our lives. Proper steps must be taken to ensure that the negligent driver in an auto accident fully compensates the people he/she injures. Working with an experienced car accident lawyer like Patrick S. O’Brien can mean the difference between being fairly compensated for your injuries and being left with bills and expenses you don’t need or can’t pay.
Our office has over 37 years of experience handling these types of claims. As a young lawyer, Patrick O’Brien represented the insurance companies and knows all the tricks they use to deprive injured people just compensation. He uses his insider knowledge to work hard for clients who have been injured.
We give your case the individual attention it deserves with our team guiding you every step of the way. We are available to speak at any time and handle cases personally — you won’t get handed off to a paralegal. Patrick O’Brien handles all cases directly.HURT IN AN ACCIDENT? | DOWNLOAD FREE RESOURCE
St. Louis Car Accident Lawyer | Do’s and Don’ts of Automobile Accidents
If you are ever in a car accident, it is important to remember the steps you need to take to properly document the exact circumstances of the crash. Below are the main actions you must take, as well as what to avoid doing in the event you are involved in an auto accident.
- Get a copy of the police report if an officer shows up at the scene
- Take photos of your damaged vehicle with your cell phone if you are not badly injured
- Provide the driver of the other vehicle your insurance information
- Get checked out by your doctor or at an ER as soon as possible and document your injuries
- Take your car to a repair facility of your choice for repairs
- Talk to the other driver/admit fault other than exchanging information
- Move your vehicle from the scene of the impact until the police show up
- Sign a release for the other driver’s insurance company so they may obtain your medical records
- Give a recorded statement to a representative of the other driver’s insurance company
- Have your car repaired at a facility of the other driver’s insurance representative’s choice
See the Latest Car Accident Blog Posts
Many people brush off injuries after an automobile accident thinking that they suffered only “bumps and bruises” and they will be fine the next day. However, whiplash injuries to the neck and back may not manifest thoroughly for days or weeks after the collision, resulting in excess pain or suffering.
It is important to see a doctor and document the fact that you were in an automobile collision. If symptoms get worse over time and cause you to miss work or have continued pain, you have medical proof that the injuries were caused by the collision. Letting your quality of life diminish as a result of an injury without taking action is a serious mistake you can avoid if you contact an attorney and pursue just compensation.
An experienced car accident lawyer in St. Louis, Patrick O’Brien is ready to go to battle for you, seeing your case through to the end. Our office works on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay us unless your personal injury case is successful. Don’t delay – contact our law firm today at 866-333-4504 to schedule a free consultation with Patrick O’Brien.Contact Us | To Request a Free Consultation